Why We Help?
- In 2012, 1,640 children died as a result of abuse or neglect—nearly 70% of those children were younger than three years old.
- More than 700,000 children experience abuse or neglect each year.
- Since its founding in 1977, CASA for Children has ensured transition to a safe, permanent home for more than 2,000,000 children
- Child Protective Services received 3.4 million referrals involving the alleged maltreatment of 6.3 million children in 2012.
- A child will be uprooted and moved at least three times during the average 21 months spent in foster care (frequently separated from siblings).
- Research suggests that children who have a CASA have better chances of finding permanent homes than non-CASA children.
- More than 90% of children with CASA volunteers never re-enter the system.
- They are more likely to be adopted than to linger in long-term foster care.
- They are more likely to succeed in school
- More likely to have a plan for permanency, especially children of color
- Children with a CASA volunteer do not get “forgotten” in the foster care system, they receive necessary services and medications and are less likely to return to the court system.
- An estimated 238,000 children were served by local CASA/GAL programs in 2013.
- CASA helps stop the cycle of abused and neglect.
How We Use Your Donation
Your tax deductible donations make it possible to train and support local volunteers, so they can advocate for abused and neglected children in court. Nationally, federal support for CASA programs makes up only a portion of needed support.
With a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) or guardian ad litem (GAL) volunteer dedicated to their case, America’s most vulnerable children will have someone speaking up for their best interests. With your support, more children will have the opportunity to thrive in a safe and loving home.
Watch Our Video
"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."
-Vincent Van Gogh
Our advocate Nick!
From Our Blog
News & Notes
How can you and your family celebrate June? By trying out some of these easy and delicious options to celebrate National Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Month.
This Memorial Day, we remember and honor the men and women who have served our country’s armed forces—specifically those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
If you try to live altruistically, then combating your own loneliness can play a vital role in how you serve others. Here’s how to overcome loneliness in everyday life.
Our Vision: Seeing Every Child in a Safe, Permanent Home
CASA Volunteers help change children's lives every day.
Abused and neglected children had a CASA volunteer speaking up for their best interest in the last year.
Children are waiting for a volunteer empowered to find them a safe, loving, permanent home.
Children in safer homes since 1977.
I would have been lost in foster care without my CASA volunteer.